Back in Outlook 2003-2007, Microsoft used to save your AutoComplete Contacts in a cache file with the extension NK2. When moving from one PC to another, we used to just copy the file to the new machine and Outlook automatically loaded the information.
In Outlook 2010 things changed, and now the data is saved as "Suggested Contacts" inside the Personal Folder data file.
To import .nk2 files into Outlook 2010, follow these steps:
- Make sure that the .nk2 file is in the following folder:%appdata%\Microsoft\Outlook(Click on Start-Run- Type the above path and press Enter)Note The .nk2 file must have the same name as your current Outlook 2010 profile. By default, the profile name is "Outlook." To check the profile name, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Mail.
- In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type outlook.exe /importnk2, and then click OK. This should import the .nk2 file into the Outlook 2010 profile.
Note After you import the .nk2 file, the contents of the file are merged into the existing nickname cache that is currently stored in your mailbox.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.